WEB SERIES CHALLENGE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to enter the Action Xtreme Web Series Challenge (“Competition”) and details regarding the Competition contained herein form part of these Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”). Entry into and participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these T&Cs. This Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, competition or promotion.
2. The Producer and Promoter of this Competition is Action Xtreme Ltd.
3. The Competition is free to participate and is open to any person worldwide who is 18 years or over with the exception of employees of Action Xtreme Ltd and their families. Any costs of the filmmakers (“Entrants”) accessing Action Xtreme’s website and entering the Competition are the Entrant’s sole responsibility.
4. Each Entrant may only submit one film (“the trailer”) to the Competition and this film must be no shorter than 60 seconds and can be no longer than two minutes in total duration.
5. All trailers must be submitted on-line in a digital video format via the platform FilmFreeway and all submissions must be made available for download by the Entrant.
6. All trailers entered into the Competition must be in English or contain English Subtitles. Non-English entries without subtitles will unfortunately be disqualified.
7. Each Entrant’s submission must be an original work.
8. Each Entrant agrees that their entry will be viewed and judged by a panel of pre-selectors and judges, and that the judge’s decision is final. Due to the volume of entries we expect, each Entrant also agrees that individual feedback on unsuccessful entries cannot be provided.
9. Filmmakers who are unsuccessful will retain the rights to the content.
10. The cash prize of five-thousand pounds sterling (£5000) to be awarded to the Best Trailer Award Winner (“Award Prize”) will be paid to the Winner(s) in two installments towards the production of the pilot of 5-10 mins (“The Pilot Episode”) of the web series which will be produced with Action Xtreme Ltd. This contingent payment will be paid as follows (i) sixty percent (60%) on receipt and acceptance by Action Xtreme Ltd of the final shooting script of the winner’s new film project in development with Action Xtreme Ltd and (ii) forty percent (40%) on delivery to Action Xtreme Ltd of the finished film. As a condition of receiving and accepting the Award Prize, the winner must include on the finished film the logos of Action Xtreme and a “Producer” credit to Action Xtreme in the front end credits.
11. Action Xtreme Ltd will be the production company and Producer of the pilot episode along with the filmmaker and will retain an ownership in the IP of the pilot episode.
12. Action Xtreme Ltd will have an exclusive option and first right of refusal to raise financing, structure and produce the overall web series (“Web series”). This option will be for 24 months from the completion, acceptance and delivery of the pilot episode. The winning entrant will have the chance to produce or co-produce alongside Action Xtreme Ltd the full web series with revenue shares and terms to be agreed upon.
13. Each filmmaker must own the entire copyright in the film and the trailer that is entered by the filmmaker in the Competition and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity and by entering a film into this Competition each filmmaker is warranting that this is the case. This includes the music used in the film. The Entrant shall indemnify Action Xtreme Ltd in respect of any and all liability arising from any infringement of any rights whatsoever that may arise in respect of the film and Action Xtreme Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any filmmaker who does not comply with these conditions.
14. In circumstances where a film or parts thereof are derived from or contain images, sounds or material from an existing work, the Entrant must have obtained copyright clearance from the owner of that existing work for the inclusion of that existing work in the film, which must be produced to Action Xtreme Ltd on demand. In circumstances where a film or part thereof contain images of persons, locations, trademarks, marks or other images which would require permission for use, the Entrant must have received appropriate written releases for their use which must be produced to Action Xtreme Ltd on demand. By entering a film in the Competition, each Entrant is warranting that any and all such releases have been obtained which include without limitation consent to the film’s submission in the Competition and to the exploitation and use of the film as set out in these T&Cs and elsewhere in the Competition.
15. Entrants can only use their own original music in their film, or they may use music that is copyright-free or in the public domain. If any other music is used then the Entrant must also submit a fully executed license setting out the terms of the use of the relevant piece of music.
16. Any film entered in the Competition must not defame any person or entity, or be disparaging to any religion, race or nation, or contain any language which is lewd, obscene or inappropriate. Action Xtreme Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who does not comply with these conditions.
17. By entering a film in the Competition, each Entrant is acknowledging and agreeing that Action Xtreme Ltd will have the right to duplicate and share with the judging panel and can exploit and use such film (in whole or in part) in Action Xtreme’s determination for the purposes of the Competition, promotion and marketing of Action Xtreme Ltd and the Competition and on video on demand platforms worldwide and grants the Action Xtreme Ltd an irrevocable, non-exclusive license in perpetuity to publish and duplicate the film on the Action Xtreme Ltd website and social media platforms to communicate the film to the public in the territory of the world, and in full or in part in any other promotional and marketing material of Action Xtreme Ltd for the purposes of the Competition.
18. By entering the competition each Winner grants Action Xtreme Ltd the permission to use submissions (in whole or part) for promotional purposes by Action Xtreme Ltd and agreeing that the Action Xtreme Ltd may authorise third parties associated with Action Xtreme Ltd to use for promotional purposes. Each winner must also grant to Action Xtreme Ltd., whilst retaining any copyright the Winner(s) might own, the right and licence in any media throughout the world in perpetuity to:
(a) screen any short film (the “Films”);
(b) use clips from the Films for promotional purposes;
(c) screen the Films at film festivals and special events.
19. The Competition commences on Thursday 17th February 2022 (the “Competition Opening Date”) and closes at 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday 1st June 2022 (the “Competition Closing Date”). The period between the Competition Opening Date and the Competition Closing Date shall be the Competition entry period. No entry will be accepted past the Competition Closing Date unless agreed upon by Action Xtreme Ltd. Action Xtreme Ltd accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach them by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties without consent granted are invalid. The physical and digital entries become the property of the Action Xtreme Ltd and will not be returned. The rights to the unsuccessful entrants will reside with the filmmakers.
20. By entering the Competition, the filmmakers are aware that their participation is entirely at their own risk and that they hereby waive, relinquish and surrender to Action Xtreme Ltd all claims of any nature and howsoever arising (including as a result of negligence) which but for such waiver, surrender or relinquishment they may or otherwise have against Action Xtreme Ltd either directly or indirectly arising out of their participation in the Competition.
21. Action Xtreme will not be liable to the Entrant in respect of any personal injury (including without limitation serious injury or death) that the Entrant may suffer or sustain directly or indirectly as a result of entering the Competition, nor will Action Xtreme be liable to the Entrant in respect of any other losses arising as a result of any such personal injury. We would strongly encourage all applicants to take adequate precautions in all aspects of their productions, and undue risk should not be taken.
22. By entering the Competition, filmmakers hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Any filmmaker who has provided fraudulent, incomplete or inaccurate information may be automatically disqualified. Failure by Action Xtreme Ltd to enforce any of its rights at any stage of the Competition does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Action Xtreme Ltd reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner(s) will be notified via FilmFreeway and will be announced on the social media channels of Action Xtreme Ltd.
25. Action Xtreme Ltd makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for the interruption of the services which may interfere with the ability to participate in the Competition.
26. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Action Xtreme Ltd (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of the Competition.
27. Action Xtreme Ltd collects personal information of the filmmakers in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers and as required by law. By entering this competition, all filmmakers consent to the transfer and disclosure of their personal data to Action Xtreme Ltd for the purposes of this Competition. Action Xtreme Ltd may, for an indefinite period, and provided the filmmaker has not withdrawn consent, use such information for promotion, marketing and publicity purposes.
28. These T&Cs shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of London shall have sole jurisdiction.
29. Action Xtreme Ltd reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel the Competition, or to change these T&Cs by notice on the Action Xtreme Ltd’s website. Action Xtreme Ltd shall not be required to specify any reasons for any changes and shall not incur any liability as a result.
30. By entering the competition each filmmaker agrees to be bound by these T&Cs.